WHAT YOU NEED:
•14 oz. (400g) chickpeas, canned, drained
•3 cloves garlic
•1 small onion, diced
•1 tsp. oregano
•1 tsp. chilli powder
•1 tsp. cumin
•1 tsp. smoked paprika
•1 lime, juice
•¾ cup(130g) sweetcorn, canned, drained
•1 red bell pepper, diced
•1 lime, zest
•¼ cup (30g) ground almonds
•2 tbsp. oat flour
•2 tbsp. coconut oil
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
1. Place the chickpeas, garlic, onion, spices and lime juice in a food processor, season with salt & pepper and blitz until smooth. Transfer into a large bowl.
2. Add in the sweetcorn, bell pepper, lime zest, and flour and mix well.
3 Roll the batter (an amount equal to 1/3 cup) into balls and shape into burgers. Place them in the freezer for 20 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 420F (210C).
5. Heat a portion of the oil in a pan over medium-high heat, and fry the burgers, for about 3 minutes each side. Repeat until all burgers are cooked.
6. Next place in the burgers on a baking tray lined with a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 8 minutes. Allow to slightly cool before serving.
Like this recipe?
Check out more blog posts here